Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Not enough memory? Why do you need so much?

Just few minutes ago, I solved the problem of getting error
"Error Loading File ... Parent : Not enough memory to complete this operation"
when I try modify form.

After few hours researching at forum, google and discussion with colleagues, we know what is the mistake. It is because of cycling reference.

Don't know how, one of the class in my form subclass from a class that subclass itself.
ClassA->Superclass->ClassA->Superclass ... 
It is a infinite reference.


Ok, the error message is "correct", since cycling reference may take out all the memory. However, I do hope more helpful error message. At least it should be like class browser which able to catch this exception, prompt me unable to display hierarchy, class name and parent class. Then we won't waste our time to guess what is going on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home