Thursday, June 08, 2006

Make VFP cool!

There are couple of blogs show how to make VFP look cool! For example : -

Some of them are using pure VFP code, and some make use of WINAPIs call.

It just remind me what I did two years ago. Image below is one of the screenshot of my application that make use of listbar control which can be downloaded from UT download section. I make some changes on it and use some bitmaps so that it look XP theme. It is just simple changes.


Figure 1 Outlook bar


Figure 2 Mouse move over the option

Does it really cool? Well, it may not as cool as other tool mentioned above. However, at least, my customer impressed on it and asked : "Are you sure you are using VFP to do this?"

2 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger aArcs` said...

cool indeed..yeah even me can ask how did you do it in vfp..am juz a beginner on vfp..can you give sample code? thanks

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Chan Kok Kiet (John Jones) said...

Hi,
My old memory couldn't serve me so right recently. Not really remember I I did five years ago. However, you could get even better pure VFP controls from http://www.codeplex.com/VFPX

HTH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home