Thursday, August 12, 2004

MSDN Article : ASP.NET 2.0 Internal

Thank you Rick Strahl for posting link to this great article.

This article doesn't show us how to code in ASP.NET 2.0. Instead, it explains what changes are made in ASP 2.0 compared to ASP 1.1. It also further explains the differences of work flow of both version of ASP.NET, reasons of changes, advanstages of new changes and how to gain benefit from them.

Personally, I feel more impress on new caching techniques. It allows us to cache part of our web page instead of whole page.

Beside, the new compilation options give us alot of flexibility on deploy our web application. One of the new options - Pre-Compilation which allow us to secure our source code by deploy only DLL assemblies. It reminded me a old story.

Two years ago, while .NET was still new to most of us (especially for me, and it still strange to me since I never develope any ASP.NET yet. I learn it as practices). I talked to an ISP vendor about hosting our ASP.NET web services. The ISP vendor told me that they support ASP.NET. However, they don't allow us to put any DLL files on their server for security reasons.

As what I know, VS.NET will compile our code to DLL assemblies in \bin directory. We have to ship these DLL files together either. I used to get helps from forum and local Microsoft speaker, they give me the same answer - that dll files is required. So, what does ISP vendor meant for the statement above? Or, are they expecting us to write code-inline?

Back to pre-Compilation of ASP.NET 2.0, any ISP vendor support this feature, allow us to deploy pre-compiled DLL assemblies to their web host server?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home