Sunday, August 01, 2004

Visual FoxPro Books in my Country.

I had been looking for VFP books such as What's new in VFP8 in my country - Malaysia for five years. I just can't get any since no book stores here know where to get VFP books. Even though I have told them about Hentzenwerke, but they just failed to get it. Therefore, usually I would purchase them from Amazon.com, or e-book directly from Hentzenwerke.

Yesterday, I saw the book 'Visual FoxPro to Visual Basic.NET' at one of local book store. Therefore, I simply key in keyword 'Visual FoxPro' at another local online book store search service for check pricing. So suprisingly, I got other VFP books found - not one but four.

1. What's New in Visual Foxpro 8.0(PAP)
2. Webrad : Building Database Applications on the Web With Visual Foxpro and Web Connection
3. .Net for Visual Foxpro Developers(PAP)
4. What's New in Visual Foxpro 7.0(PAP)

Update : 5. The Software Developer's Guide, 3rd Edition

In fact, I was not too suprise to see 'Visual FoxPro to Visual Basic.NET' here because it is .NET related and published by SAMS. However, VFP books from Hentzenwerke are available here is never in my expectation. It is a another good news for this year beside of enhancements of VFP9. Good start.

As we know, Hentzenwerke has worked very hard to get VFP books delivered outside of United State. Keep on your great Job! Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home