Thursday, October 07, 2004

My dream, VFP DevCon

I like to attend conference. I would attend any conference if possible especially MSDN (the only Microsoft conference in my country).

One of the conference I never and have no luck to attend, VFP related : VFP DevCon. Why? Currency problems.. FYI, exchange rate USD 1 = RM 3.83.

I "heard" that, Advisor VFP DevCon for this year is excellent, covered a lot of good topics especially VFP9 new Report System. This make me got a very strong "desired" to attend it, at least get the conference CD. Since I didn't register for it, I am thinking to order DevCon CD (if still available) with ~ USD 1150 . Could anyone give me some advises? What has been included in the conference CD? Would these materials be published later? Is it worth?

1 Comments:

At 10:19 PM, Blogger Ted Roche said...

NOT worth it! Microsoft speakers typically do not supply any materials with their sessions. Some other speakers are very bad about this as well. The speakers who do supply session notes will often repackage aqnd republish their materials as magazine articles and books. You can buy a lot of magazines and books for USD$ 1150!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home