Saturday, June 04, 2005

Sedna ideas requested

A new section Sedna has been created in UT forum for us to post any feedback and idea of upcoming version of VFP. Feel free to post your ideas.

I am currently working on ASP.NET + VFP web application. Here are my wish list to Sedna :
  1. Ability to pass my cursor to .NET object method. Serialize my cursor to dataset or xml transparently and vice-versa.
  2. Provide better COM interop help docs. For example, decimal data type should be used in .NET to store numeric return value from VFP object.
  3. COM debugger integrated with VS.NET environment. Support fix and continue.
  4. Ability to subclass .NET classes to have some un-existence feature in VFP such as developing multithreading application, ASP.NET WebApp, Windows Services, Web Services (without SOAP toolkit) and etc.
I am not sure my wish list is practical and do able or not. But in my mind, I am thinking to use VFP to develop my core and use .NET to extend its capability.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home